Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Isaiah 53

I read Isaiah 53 a couple of weeks ago and it completely messed me up. I mean I've read this before but it never hit me the way that it did this particular morning. It literally brought me to tears. I got choked up telling my wife about it. I suggest that you read it, but here is a portion:

Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins! But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all. Isaiah 53: 4-6

This is Old Testament prophecy of Christ and what He would do for the world. What He did for me!! I mean, I understand what Christ did for me, but this particular morning it was revealed to me anew. I got it! It broke my heart and, in breaking my heart, it changed my prayers.

I now pray that God will break my heart for what breaks His. It scares me because I don't know where that might lead, but I want to be able to show others the grace and mercy that Christ has already shown to me. After the gift that He has given me, how could I not share that with others? I have to! I struggle with this because it takes me out of my comfort zone, but I'm learning.

Is your heart broken? If so, have you turned to Christ and asked for His grace and mercy? If not, you should - He will take your burden and make it light.

1 comment:

Alene said...

Awesome post. Thanks for the reminder. I, too, pray break my heart from what breaks yours, Lord.