Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New discovery!

I've discovered that, even if I stop watching TV, there is still plenty of stuff to occupy my time. Amazing! I just knew that I would have more hours in the day.

We purchased an antique table last year around April. I've been working to refinish it ever since. Until 2 weeks ago I'd only finished the 2 leaves and now it's practically done. I only have to finish the table top. Who knows how long ago I might have finished it if I'd cut the TV out sooner.

I've also kept up with reading my Bible daily. Nothing has really jumped off of the page like the verse did last week but I'm still in His Word and that's a good thing.

How about this discovery: I don't get nearly as annoyed with my kids when there is no TV for them to interrupt. Wow!!

Here's another one that is great. When we (the parent's) cut back on TV the kids seem to do the same thing. My kids spend most of this past Saturday outside because I was in the garage working on the table. The two oldest help with the table until that got boring and the neighbor's cat caught their attention.

So far the no TV thing has been great and I don't expect that to change. If you feel like you spend to much time in front of the tube, give it up for a couple of weeks and see what you think. I think that you'll find it to be a great decision, too.

Enjoy the ride...

No comments: