Sunday, March 8, 2009

10 ways to show your wife you love her - #4

#4 - Speak highly of her.

Proverbs 31:10 (NIV) says, "A wife of noble character who can find?" I know a lot of you guys are saying "Amen" right now. "Where is that woman - I'd like to find her?" I know where she is because I'm married to her. She's mine and I'm not giving her up!

Here's the real deal guys you probably have a wife of noble character, also. If she doesn't have it now you can draw it out of her. (Check out #5-10 for a few tips.) Speak highly of her - the chances are great that she'll live up to what you say about her. If you speak highly in one area she'll probably try harder in other areas to gain your praise.

We need to remember that our words are very powerful. We tend to live up to or down to what people say about us. Let's give our wives the praise they deserve by speaking highly of them whenever possible. They deserve it if for no other reason than for having to put up with us.

Later in Proverbs 31 - verse 25 it says, "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her."

If you want to, be selfish. Bless her with words of praise and you'll be blessed in return. It may seem like work to begin with, but once you see the blessings come back to you, you will wonder why you didn't do this all along.

Enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Brandon Cunningham said...

Great advice! I am really enjoying these posts. I can say first hand that this works in my life. I say it all the time and especially when I don't FEEL it. That is when it really becomes important. Speak truth into your bride. Great job Scott.