Sunday, March 15, 2009

10 ways to show your wife you love her - #3

#3 - Pray with her

I'm giving you this one with the assumption that you're already praying for her, and if you're not, shame on you.

Jesus tells His disciples in Matthew 18: 19-20 (NLT); "'I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.'"

Jesus is our representative before our God in heaven. He took our place in dying for our sins and He made us holy. How awesome is it that we can come together as believers and He is there with us? When you pray with your wife you have invited Jesus, in the person of the Holy Spirit, to be there with you.

Talk about making a marriage strong - take the time to pray, at least daily, with your wife and bask in the presence of the Holy Spirit and lift up your praises, your cares and concerns the God that loves you. His Word says that, "...My Father in heaven will do it for you." It doesn't say He "might" do it, or He'll "think" about it; it says He will do it.

Make the time to pray with your wife. I promise you will be blessed for it.

Enjoy the ride!

No comments: