Thursday, June 11, 2009

A grand new adventure

God is so good. I avoiding blogging about work because I was miserable and I've heard horror stories about people losing their jobs because HR departments are monitoring their social networking activities.
Anyway, I've been miserable for a few months now and really didn't know what to do. A couple of weeks ago a couple of prospects came on the radar, one of which was very intriguing, the other was the same job with a different company.
Well, God gave me the push I needed to make a change when I was terminated last Tuesday. Unfortunately, the more intriguing job looked to be a couple of months away and I really didn't really want to stay in marketing and go with the other company. Fortunately, God lined everything up and I'm now working at the more intriguing job. I've gone to work with a great friend at his Martial Arts studio. Top that with the fact that it's a Christian business.
The business is called Arts of Defense Martial Arts. It's a mixed Martial Arts facility(MMA); meaning we offer various MA programs starting with Tae Kwon Do (that's the main program). We also offer Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, MMA (ATT certified), and Kickboxing.
Keep an eye out for further posts - I'm looking forward to letting all of you know what's going on with this new adventure starting with a visit from our Head Instructor, Carlos Machado. I'm definitely going to...

...Enjoy the ride!!!

1 comment:

Therealjerrydugan said...

Awesome, Scott! I can already see how your marketing experience is being called into play as well. Divine direction?