Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thankful enough?

I was thinking about all of the blessing in my life the other day and had this thought: Am I thankful enough? My conclusion... not possible!

There is no way for me to ever be thankful enough for all my blessings. Here's just a few:

  1. Jesus (who died for my sins)
  2. Awesome wife
  3. Awesome kids
  4. Great family
  5. Great friends
  6. Great job
  7. etc....

That's just a small portion and I can't be thankful enough for those I listed so I'll just focus on the first one and I think you'll see my point with regards to the rest.

Jesus died for my sins long before I was even around to commit them. How can you ever adequately thank someone for giving their life so that yours will be saved? Perhaps die for them? But Jesus doesn't need me to do that; He is the One that was, and is, and is to come. He is God and He loved me enough to give His life so that I can have an eternal life with Him someday. I can never be thankful enough for that. It's just not possible.

The rest is really just an extension of that. Jesus is God and God is the creator of all things. My wife, kids, friends and family, job are all things that are a part of His creation and that bless my life. So He gave is life for me and everything that I am, that I have, and that I know is because of Him. He gave me life, saved my life, and has blessed my life. How can I ever be thankful enough? Again, it's just not possible.

But here's the good news! I get spend the rest of my life living in His blessings and thanking Him for them. A lifetime of "thank yous" will never be enough, but what a joy to live a thankful life... a lifetime giving Him thanks for who He is and all His blessings.

So, are you thankful enough? Give it some thought and...

Enjoy the ride!!

No comments: