Wednesday, February 18, 2009

10 ways to show your wife that you love her - #10

Before I get to the countdown of 10 ways to show your wife that you love her, let me give you a little background on where this is coming from.

God has been working on my heart, since my divorce, and has given me a ministry from that pain. That ministry is this - I guess you could call it my mission statement: To increase the percentage of lasting, happy marriages by mentoring dating and engaged couples and also, by mentoring married couples struggling in their relationships.

I decided to word it that way for the positive language. I didn't want to say, "decrease the divorce rate," because of the negative words even though the message is still positive.

So there you go. That's the mission statement for the ministry that God has given me and I wanted to start incorporating a little more of that into the blog.

With that said, here is #10 in the countdown of ways to show your wife that you love her:

# 10 - Tell her!!

What could be easier than that? If you're not "feeling" it, but you want your marriage to work, then say it anyway. I'm not one that subscribes to the idea that you always have to "feel" in love. Feelings come and go and, by the way, love is not a feeling - it's a decision. I promise, no matter how in love you "feel," at some point that feeling will go away. According to The Five Love Languages it will last about 2 years. At that point, you have to decide to stay in love. So, tell her.

If you do this I'll bet that the feeling of being in love will be more common than not having that feeling. We all like the "tingles" of being in love and this will help.

Stay tuned for the rest of the countdown. #1 will probably surprise you.

Enjoy the ride!

No comments: